“I have three pups, all picky eaters, and they devoured their meals! I’m so happy to have found a quick, easy and super healthy food.”
Customer Service and Experience Lead - Career Opportunity
At NutriCanine, we believe in making it easy and convenient for pet owners to feed their dogs freshly prepared, real-food meals so that they can live longer, healthier, happier lives. We offer a personalized meal plan subscription service, where we learn all about your pup, create a customized meal plan to meet their unique dietary needs, and then deliver real-food meals to your door in pre-portioned, ready-to-serve packages on a recurring basis.
We are a fast-growing start-up based in Richmond Hill, Ontario, and we’re looking for a team member who has a positive and friendly attitude and is a hard worker, creative problem-solver, organized, and detail-oriented to join our small but mighty pack!
The Customer Service and Experience Lead is the primary contact for our valued clients, responsible for ensuring a positive client experience to increase customer acquisition, satisfaction, and retention. This position requires a hands-on, friendly, and outgoing team player with excellent quick-thinking problem-solving skills, time management, organizational skills and a sharp focus on details and continuous improvement.
Reporting to the Head of Demand Generation, this position will work closely with the Fulfillment and Production Associate to ensure that our human and canine clients are served to the highest standards. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional customer service and going above and beyond for our clients, so this position requires someone who is just as committed to providing the best customer experience possible.
As a Customer Service and Experience Lead, you will…
- Use your knowledge about our product offerings to provide world-class customer service
- Respond to, resolve, and action incoming customer inquiries, concerns, and challenges via email and telephone in a timely and professional manner
- Ensure clients feel safe, heard, valued, and respected
- Escalate issues and give feedback to management when appropriate
- Document all important information and record of conversations into the system
- Use, maintain and update internal FAQ, CRM, and other software and tools
- Implement automation where possible to streamline customer service and reduce response times
- Look for customer pain points and suggest solutions to improve the customer experience and retention
- Look for ways to improve and streamline processes and systems relating to customer communication and experience
- Identify and resolve any issues with client accounts
- Work closely with cross-functional team members, especially the Operations team, to investigate customers concerns and create an action plan to resolve the issue
- Call cancelled clients to get feedback on their experience and determine if we’re able to find a solution that meets their needs to improve retention
- Call potential clients to determine if we’re able to find a solution that meets their needs to increase acquisition
- Identify clients whose meal plans could be improved and suggest improvements to them
- Produce “welcome notes” and print other marketing material for inclusion in new client orders
- On occasion, support with basic operational tasks, including making boxes, packing orders, inventory, and order fulfillment
- Carry out any other similar duties as assigned
- A positive, can-do attitude and willingness to be a team player and learn how our operations and business work
- Friendly, compassionate, and confident demeanor
- Empathy toward clients’ needs balanced with an understanding of business imperatives
- Experience with or willingness to learn Gorgias, Shopify, Asana, and other platforms
- A continuous improvement mindset focused on productivity and customer experience
- Basic computer skills
- Strong oral and written English communication skills
- Dedication to providing an exceptional experience for our clients
- A sense of urgency with the ability to multitask, problem solve, and be detail-oriented and organized
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn about fresh dog food
- Knowledge of French is considered an asset
- At least 2 year’s experience in a customer service role
- Passion for educating on the benefits of fresh dog food and helping dog parents make their dogs’ lives healthier, happier, and longer by feeding them the best. Must love dogs!
All NutriCanine employees must abide by and have the responsibility to follow and ensure the company’s Food Safety / H&S policies and procedures to produce safe, legal, and quality products are followed.
To apply to this opening by emailing email@example.com your resume and cover letter.